Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Banana Bread

I wasn't really a big fan of banana bread until I tried a slice at my Mother-in-laws shortly after we were married...I was smitten.  I immediately copied down her recipe and it has been a family favorite ever since.  My Mother-in-law's secret ingredient in pretty much anything is a "little bit of sugar" (we both have a sweet tooth).  I think what won me over was the little sprinkling of brown sugar and chocolate chips on the top.



Recipe

1 1/2 cups sugar
1/4 cup oil
3 eggs

Blend well and add:

2 1/2 cups mashed bananas
1 tsp vanilla
3 cups flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp salt
1 tsp soda
1/2 tsp baking powder

Fill pans to 1/2 to 3/4 full, sprinkle with brown sugar and chocolate chips.  
Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hr.
01 02