Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Handle Bar Bag

Ya know those bags that new toys come in sometimes, the clear plastic ones that you don't know what to do with but they're too nice to just throw away?...well I have a simple solution.



We found this bike at D.I. a few years back for my oldest for only five bucks, it was still working great but needed a little make over so we added some new streamers and a bag to the front.  I added some straps and velcro to the bag so we could attach it to the handle bars...now my little girl can take all of her necessities on those long bike rides.  Who doesn't need a pony, rock cell phone and some shades?  Are you in need of a rock cell phone?...if so check them out here.




And if you're in need of some new streamers check out an old project chip bag streamers they are really easy and give an old bike some new life.  And good luck trying to find purple or pink chip bags...we have looked and looked and yellow was the best we could do.




The bag I saved happened to have handles that I cut off and used as straps for my new bike bag.  Just sew velcro to the top and bottom on opposite sides of each strap.  Then sew the straps onto your bag, I sewed a rectangle with an x in the middle for added strength.  If your bag doesn't have straps I'm sure some ribbon would do the trick.




Then strap your new bag on to the bike and you're set to go!


01 02