Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, June 3, 2011

Flag Blocks

Flag Blocks




Field of Heroes

Each of these crosses represents a life lost in Afghanistan and Iraq.

Field of Heroes at Century High School, Pocatello Idaho, Memorial Day, May 31 2010
This is what I saw on my way home the other night, I was blown away by the amount of markers that were there.  I have been wanting to make these flag blocks I spotted a while ago, and this was incentive to get it done. 





I love the way it turned out and it is nice to have a flag displayed in my home as a reminder to always be grateful.

What you need:
2 x 4 cut into 2-7in. blocks, 2- 3.5in. blocks and 2-3in. blocks.
craft paint and brush
sand paper
textured craft paper (for star)

Once you get your blocks cut paint with one coat and let dry completely (3 in. blocks are blue).  If you want a more antiqued look sand until you like it.  Finish off with a star or stars cut out of craft paper and distress the edges with ink pad, glue on star with elmers or you can use double stick tape.



01 02